What is the Contactless Clearance Process?
The Jamaica Customs Agency has embarked on a project to modernize its physical inspection process to make it easier for importers to clear cargo and for Customs Officers to conduct inspections in a controlled, sterile and secure environment. Importers and agents will be able to clear cargo without physically visiting the ports and public bonded warehouses for Customs inspection.
Who is eligible to use the Contactless Clearance Process?
Non-Commercial Cargo which are cleared on IMS4 declarations will be the first category of goods to transition to this new inspection process.
What are the benefits of Contactless Clearance Process?
- Increases the security and integrity of the clearance process.
- Improves the overall Customer experience:
- Reduction in congestion in the waiting, clearance and delivery areas.
- Reduction in the number of physical contact points
- Reduction in overall cargo processing and wait times
- Improves the efficiency of cargo flow through the warehouse.
- Allows flexibility in cargo inspection time.
- Creates opportunities for value added service.
For more information, contact: